I'm using 69 and have a question about sorting. I'm loading my music collection from my Central to my new Empeg. I've got all the music copied over, 10K songs, but I need some help with playlist sorting...I'm trying to build a list like this:

Beatles <= contains songs from all 3 CDs below
...Let It Be <= Contains only Let It Be Songs
...Abbey Road <= Contains only Abbey Road Songs
...Sgt. Pepper <= Contains only Pepper songs

I've been able to sort the individual CD playlists by Track Number and then use "Set Playlist Order" to get the positions to match the track numbers. That's great, if I choose one of those playlists then it plays the songs in CD track order.

But if I choose the Beatles playlist, the best I can get is songs sorted by CD but then played alphabetically within each CD. So the Let It Be songs play alpha, followed by the Abbey Road songs in alpha order, then followed by the Sgt Pepper songs in alpha order.

I've tried to sort the songs in the Beatles playlist by clicking on Track and then clicking on Album to get the songs shown in proper track order by CD. But when I choose Set Playlist Order, the track numbers jumble. The songs from each CD stay together within the playlist, but I can't seem to get the songs sorted in track order by CD.

Can someone please offer some tips on sorting?

Second, is my playlist scenario above an efficient way of listing the songs? I thought of having 5 higher level playlists called Artists A-E, etc. and then listing the artists and albums underneath, but that's a little bit more setup work than the way I have them listed above...

Thanks for any suggestions....

Randy