Quote:

Quote:
What does "Set Sort Tag" do?

It is persistent ... I figured that's what you were going for. It will maintain the sort order of that playlist on whatever tag you choose.

Ah, that's what I thought, and not really what I want most of the time (though I do have a couple of playlists that I keep sorted on a combination of three tags - but I guess the above would only use one tag, and remain shuffled with respect to others.

Other playlists, I sort to get a starting point, but often introduce other tunes - for example, an album sorted by track number may get my standard blank track added, to separate the original tracks from the "bonus" tracks on a reissued CD.

Quote:

Quote:
any items that sort equal on the current key remained sorted

I never wrote that intentionally, so that sounds like a side-effect of whatever the sort algorithm was doing. ... I think QuickSort by default does not guarantee that two equal key comparison won't move.

I thought Quicksort was stable by design?

Anyway, if it's possible to make the sort stable again (perhaps by using position as a fallback in your comparator for equal items), then I hereby request such. It would save switching between jemplode versions all the time!