Quote:
I don't believe that the government should be defining it at all, but if it does I'm not in favor of a definition different from mine

Sorry, but that's actually a rather arrogant and self-important statement, isn't it? Your definition here is really your opinion, because you're defining something as 'morally' right or wrong based on your own moral beliefs. And then you're saying that any opinion but your own is wrong, and it's wrong of the government to support any opinion but that that is congruent to your own. Yes?

A good example of the problem inherent in this attitude is the decision of Germany to not introduce capital punishment. The population actually voted for it, but the Chancellor ultimately blocked it because "what is popular is not necessarily what is correct" (I can't find any precise information on this despite extended google searching - someone with a better memory for history can correct me on the specifics). While there are plenty of things that would be popular, and a majority might even define as right, it doesn't necessarily follow that it is necessary. And forcing your opinions onto others has always been the territory of tyrants.

I'd be more tolerant, if I were you.

Paul