Quote:
As a matter of curiosity, why does a bachelor acquire a tree-floor three-bathroom house?

One reason and one reason only. To make money !!!

I have 2 good sized double rooms to let out, one is already let (he is away for 2 month but still pays his rent!) and the other will be on the market in a month or so, once I have enjoyed myself enough and need to make the place pay.

The UK property market is shakey to say the least, so buying a bigger family house is a calculated guess into the future property market, I get the feeling that the price of smaller pads will fall off much steeper than the family homes people always needs. Single men can always rent, but families tend to buy. Until that point I can have someone else pay for the house for me, and I get to live a place big enough for a pinball machine and the whole top floor to myself, a massive leap from the one room bed-sit I was in before, and I shouldn't really cost me that much in the long run.

Anyway this has nothing to do with the PSP, apart form the fact I will never be able to afford one (not fully true, but I have the garden to landscape).

Cheers

Cris.