I got a PSP over the weekend along with Ridge Racer and Lumines. The hardware is impressive. The screen is the best I've seen on a portable device. It fits adult hands and the analog stick is nice. I do wish the shoulder triggers were analog for gas/brake in driving games.

Mostly I've played Lumines which is a fun game if you dig the music (which I do). You've got to play with the headphones to appreciate it. If you only listen through the crappy internal speaker it'll be just another Tetris variation. I'm not a hardcore gamer. I usually don't play for more than 30-60 minutes in one sitting. So I like games I can pick up, play for a little while and move on.

Ridge Racer is fun, too, though racing games cry out for a big screen to get the immersion factor.

No doubt, $250 is expensive. Right now it's a luxury purchase for overgrown boys with disposable income like me. The $50 "value pack" is just a way to gouge the early adoptors. I believe the price is supposed to drop to $199 with no accessories after the first million are shipped. I expect it to be $199 with a pack-in game by Christmas. Lumines would be a perfect pack-in game like Tetris was for the original Game Boy.