Even if they repair it it'll never be the same...

That is not necessarily the case.

I couldn't tell a whole lot from your picture. If the damage is pretty much confined to the right front corner of the car, there is every chance that the car can be repaired to your complete satisfaction. Modern body shops have alignment racks that can make certain your wheels are located exactly where they are supposed to be. Once that happens, everything else is cosmetic, assuming there is no structural damage to the unibody (your car doesn't have a "frame" as such).

My "new" car (new to me, I bought it used) was in a relatively serious accident some time before I bought it, which I was unaware of. I only found out when the detailer pointed out to me that the air bag covers had sun-faded to a slightly different shade of gray than the rest of the trim (I had never noticed that myself) indicating that the air bags had deployed. With that as a clue, I then found in the engine compartment the slightest hint of paint overspray and a tiny wrinkle in the sheet metal of the radiator support bracket.

So, am I distressed that my precious "new" station wagon was wrecked sometime in its past? Not in the least. It looks, handles, and drives perfectly. The repairs were obviously done by a competent body shop with an incentive to do the job right. The difficulty, of course, is finding such a shop to do the work on your car.

I know it's easy for me to be glib and say this, but a year from now you'll look back on this incident and realize that it wasn't all that big a deal. You crunched some sheet metal on an automobile -- the important thing is (as debauch said) you weren't hurt.

tanstaafl.

"There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch"