According to the author of the Riceboy page, it refers to the nationality of the car, not the driver. In my experience, the cars falling into the category are almost all Hondas or Acuras.

Hmmm... well, i happen to know that my wrecked Si was made in Canada... so NOW what do we call it

I agree that it can be interpreted as a racial slur, which is a Bad Thing. I don't know what else to call the phenomenon, though. Perhaps "boy racer"?

I've heard it used many times as a racial slur...which has been adopted by the culture. A lot of people around here are calling em "toy cars" now. I just always get this weird feeling when i hear or read Rice Boy or Rice Rocket... Maybe i'm just oversensitive.

I personally would be nervous about a car that has been upgraded that much. What happens when the turbo blows or the engine does something horrible? I know that a lot of people will disagree, but I like "stock"!

Exactly. That's what i'm tentative about in the first place. I wish i had a good friend that loved working on this type of thing... hookups are the way to go. Honda's are just so damn cheap to fix, the parts are everywhere. But, yes, you are correct, which is why i'd kill to get my hands on a Civic Hatchback SiR, but alas, they weren't ever released here in the states. So, now i'm lookin' at getting another Si Hatchback, and putting some money on basic engine upgrades, or takin' the jump to a newer '99 or '00 Si Coupe...which aren't to damn shabby speed and handling wise. I'm test driving Scott the installers this weekend. =]

|| loren.cox || 080000446 ||