Dignan: I remember Rob saying in December that he hoped 1.1 would get to the alpha testers near Christmastime.

Kazama, I highly recommend you get your disks checked out, and also do a memory test. What you listed as an "Annoyance" sounds like serious hardware trouble. It's not supposed to do that, and you shouldn't just accept it that way. There should be no pauses like the ones you described, ever, and the songs should not stop in the middle. One of the things that makes Empeg better than the competition is that it doesn't have any pauses. The competitor's products have all sorts of problems with pausing and indexing their files, but not the Empeg.

It's also possible you're describing a 1.0 bug, but if you're running displayserver and logo editor, I'm guessing you're savvy enough to have upgraded to 1.02 by now, so that can't be it.

One of the problems you listed ("Also, if an album is continually rebuffering as some do and I pull the unit out, when I put it back in, it goes back to the songs from the last time it buffered successfully.") is a known bug with Variable-Bit-Rate files and will be fixed in version 1.1.

I'm glad you're 90% happy with the unit. I think that by the time you get your tuner module and fix the hardware trouble, you'll be 100% happy.