Pooh-Bah Rob said:

Couple of comments..

I should have prefaced my post with a shout out to the comapny. Understand that my annoyances and pissed off section in no way reflects my overall feeling for the product. I do love it. I think you guys do great work with such a small staff. I also think you don't get enough thanks from us for providing incredible support. That being said . . .

The caching is one of our best features - it doesn't glitch playback, especially not for 10-20 seconds. There was an earlier software version that had a slight problem, but I'm pretty sure that 1.02 (the latest released version) isn't it. The same goes for not saving the unit state at power loss - shouldn't happen, and certainly doesn't for me (on 1.1 or 1.02).

I just upgraded the software about 2 weeks ago to 1.02 but I have had this problem through all the software version I have had on the system (1.0, 1.01, and 1.02) After reading the other posts on this subject, I don't know if it is software or hardware but now I am leaning more towards hardware.

Have you tried examining the serial output to check that one of the disks isn't throwing back errors? You seem to think that the problem tracks are always on one particular disk?

I am running those diagnostic tests now and will post the results shortly under Tony's response to the original message. Initally it looks, odd. No errors per say but I can't completely make out what I should be looking for.

Also, developing the Rio Receiver had zero impact on the tuner module. The delays have all been hardware related, and we didn't do the hardware for the Receiver - in fact we do almost no hardware in house. As it happens the module wound up being redesigned by SONICblue, resulting in several new features.

I'm sure we never promised a release date for 1.1 - although an early version was demonstrated at the Netherlands meet last year.

My discussion of delays in dates was in regards to the tuner module and not the v1.1 software. I will go back into the site and change that around because I think it gave the wrong impression. My frustration was in reading the site in October and buying the unit thinking a tuner module was less than a month away. I understand the delays and why they happened and am happy that you will be shipping a superior product soon. The wait was annoying but also part of the deal I guess.

To be completely honest with you, I also haven't missed not having a radio in the car. Sometimes I just don't want to think about I want to listen to and let someone else choose for me. Random works pretty well for those times but being able to get traffic reports would be better. I know it's coming and saw the photos. Just eager to get my hands on it like the thousands of other people. (Yes, I am rambling)

Unlike previous software releases, 1.1 is such a fundamental change that we had to branch the source and hold back the regular beta releases in favour of getting the whole job finished. A small team of clients have had 1.1 for a few weeks and are helping us move it toward a public release - the date of that release will be whenever the bug reports stop coming in!

Totally understandable. Our QA department here is under the same pressures with our software.

Last thing - Tony doesn't work for us, although if we're not careful he might start sending us invoices for carrying out a customer service role in his spare time

Hopefully he doesn't charge you 100 Pounds/hour as an ouside contractor either. :-)
I just wanted to thank people who helped me understand how to get in on the nitty gritty of the system and You and Tony seem to be the best at it. Keep up the good work and thanks for being patient!!!

Greg