Apparently the objection is to white men using the word. Personally, I don't give two turds about it all, but I do find it interesting that just about anything in the world can be said in the media except for something like this. Don't get me wrong (PLEASE!), I'm not defending this guy and I find what he said not funny, if that was his intention, and offensive from the clips I've heard. And I amit I havn't cared enough about the whole matter to actually listen to more than sound bytes. Or more accurately, I havn't been quick enough to change the dial. But, to be honest, I find a lot of what I hear on radio and TV to be offensive and I guess I've learned to deal with it. Feminists can say that consentual sex with my wife is a subversive form of rape. People who don't like being judged on their behavior can find no limit to the ways they'll offend my Christianity and find no ends in their efforts to desecrate any religious symbols I hold dear. Nutjobs can state as fact that Jews within my government orchestrated 9-11 and even planted expolosives to bring down "building 5".

I'd almost rather see Rosie lose her job over comments she's made, but a) I don't watch any of thst stuff anyway so what does it matter what I think? and b) supposedly she pulls in the ratings so she'll keep her job. Al Sharpton is the one that really should be appologizing for comments he's made over the years, but that'll never happen.

I'm still wondering why I clicked on this thread to begin with. I doubt Imus will even make a 30-second segment on VH1's "I Love the 2000s!!" in 3 years.

OT A more interesting conversation would be: Is it wise to rely on BBC and PBS for the bulk of your news coverage? BBC has admitted to their leftward slant and stong anti-US bias (although they let it be clear that they have no intention of doing anything about it) and PBS isn't a whole lot better (although I do love how in-depth they go into subjects). I read BBC online and occationally catch an interview show on PBS but I wouldn't want to rely on them too much.