Quote:
The WTC conspiracy comments made by her were irresponsible and baseless. I feel they do more damage to this country than Imus did.

That is certainly a legitimate argument to make.

Quote:
I also don't consider it a political view. It's a matter of fact not ideology.

She is not accusing a specific set of people, nor is she accusing an entire class of people. It may be a whackjob theory, but it's left to the viewer to investigate its truth, and there is truth to investigate. There is nothing to investigate in regards to "nappy-headed hos". (Well, I suppose you could determine if the women in question had tightly curled hair and were prostitutes, but that's just absurd.) It was a personal attack on specific people. And for no reason.

Quote:
I also like that it was the sponsors that made the push and not the government, although they are investigating him.

I'm not sure I understand your point. The government might fine him for violating decency standards on public airwaves, but they certainly would have no hand in having him fired. In reality, they would probably fine the individual radio stations that broadcast it, as they're the ones responsible for the use of the airwaves they've been loaned. But I can't imagine a situation where the government would push for a private corporation to fire a private citizen, barring some SEC matters.

Quote:
I didn't like how this was going to be some victory for Al Sharpton and Jesse. Both live in glass houses and I feel both have done more damage to blacks in their careers than Imus ever did by telling blacks that they are always victims.

I believe that both Sharpton and Jackson have done both good and bad. Sometimes they do promote an image of victimhood, but, then, other times, they promote an image of self-hate. In reality, they are both political creatures whose interests are probably based in helping, but for whom those interests have long since taken a back seat.

Quote:
If you're on the radio, you can't say nigger, even in context. No license holder that has invited you onto their airwaves will let you out of fear of the FCC. Even in context. But I admit, even when I use it in context, I feel weird saying it and I respect the fact that some blacks don't like me saying it. I don't like it, but I get it.

I agree with you here. (And the FCC shouldn't be judges of intent, they should have specific rules. Of course, they seem to be hypocritical enough to do whichever suits them at the moment.) My point is, the longer people remain scared of a word, on either side, the longer that word retains its power. Words have no more meaning than those we place upon them.