Quote:
Quote:
If you ran a radio network, would you be OK with keeping on-air personalities who call women "Ho" on the payroll?

If it kept the advertising revenue coming in, then yes, probably...

A candid, simple answer. So, if I can restate this, assuming "advertising revenue" == money:

If you ran a radio network, you would be OK with your employees calling women whores as long as you profited.

I am curious to know what might influence your formula. "Women" is pretty general. How about: If you ran a radio network, you would be OK with your employees calling women you know (blood relations, close friends) whores as long as you profited. Does that fly?

Shiting gears, I have to think of other things your on-air personalities might say. How can I approach this without cringing? Let's see: If you ran a radio network, you would be OK with your employees calling certain people "darkies" as long as you profited. Does the formula change?

Insofar as I may be one of the biggest sexist pigs I know, I have to be careful, judgement-wise. Perhaps I only pride myself in knowing that sometimes it is smart to keep one's mouth shut. But the ease with which frank misogyny has slipped into our culture and communications gives me the fucking creeps. Among many other things in our culture that give me the creeps.

'Tis the exceptional fellow who lies awake at night thinking of his successes.