This is the first time that I've had time to revisit this topic, but based on Bitt's reply, I just wanted to clarify a few things:

a) The WTC conspiracy comments made by her were irresponsible and baseless. I feel they do more damage to this country than Imus did. I also don't consider it a political view. It's a matter of fact not ideology. If that's politics, we're fucked.

b) The more I've learned about Imus and the more I've heard about the actual event (I admitted I wasn't very informed at the time of my post) the more I'm happy he's been fired. I also like that it was the sponsors that made the push and not the government, although they are investigating him. Maybe I was being petty, but I didn't like how this was going to be some victory for Al Sharpton and Jesse. Both live in glass houses and I feel both have done more damage to blacks in their careers than Imus ever did by telling blacks that they are always victims.

c) I don't think I accused media outlets of being offending. I was referring to individuals in the media and some shows.

d) If you're on the radio, you can't say nigger, even in context. No license holder that has invited you onto their airwaves will let you out of fear of the FCC. Even in context. But I admit, even when I use it in context, I feel weird saying it and I respect the fact that some blacks don't like me saying it. I don't like it, but I get it.

I guess there are just no winners in this whole thing. So him getting fired isn't really anything to get happy about IMO. Hip-hop lyrics, which is treated as some holy ground, and Jesse/Al do more harm on a daily basis, but few will do anything about it.

Quote:
On the other hand, many of the things you consider to be blasphemous the artists consider to be quite the opposite. The biggest example I can think of is The Last Temptation of Christ.

I highly doubt that. The opposite of blasphemous would be holy. It's unlikely anyone involved in that project has any concept of holy and if they did, that film wouldn't be an example of it. That film wasn't done to promote any theological view that the creators hold. It was done to question an theology they oppose.