15 croppers are a good find, but won't be of use until much later (~2 months, for me). They will be your "support villages" once you settle them. To settle one, build a Residence level 10 (not a Palace!!) and build three Settlers. I schedule this 2 months out because your resources are better spent early in the game.

A tip about settling: Don't start a new village within a seven block radius of your main village. If you do, they will have overlapping 7x7's. This is important because of Oasis; the little lake, mountain, tree, clay squares on the map. Each gives you a 25% boost in production, but you can only have three and they must be within your 7x7. So, if you have two villages who's 7x7 overlaps, they may share Oasis, preventing you from settling your maximum three for each village. Yes, you can overlap village 7x7's, but you should plan the Oasis layout for maximum gain (take note of the 25%+25% Oasis for maximum gain).

This being said, I recommend going for Oasis before new villages. Neighbors may take the Oasis in your 7x7 before you, then you'll have to fight/negotiate them for it. If you get them first, it's a good passively offensive move. I strongly recommend asking any neighbor who may be effected by your taking an Oasis if they're ok with it, pointing out other Oasis they can have to show you're not hurting them too much. Some people have in their profiles "All Oasis in my 7x7 are MINE; do not take them or I will attack" even before they've taken them.

My goal this week, week seven, is to get my first Oasis. This requires a Hero's Mansion level 10, which is super expensive. Hopefully my few large neighbors don't beat me to it.