I can totally see it. When you get to multiple villages, juggling resources to build up as fast as you can can get time consuming. The nice thing about WoW is that you can just not log in for few days or more, and nothing is really lost. The BAD thing about WoW is that you can play for 8-12 hours straight without running out of things to do. Ever. In fact, for the larger raid dungeons, you are REQUIRED to play for 8-12 hours straight. I quit playing WoW because I was spending an inordinate amount of time on it. My wife doesn't mind, as I see her all day at work, but she didn't have to be so nice about it.

With Travian, it starts as 10 minutes a day, but it gradually grows to consuming more and more time, if you want to be near the top. The fact that if you slow down you get crushed makes it difficult to just ignore the fact that your resources are wasting away if you aren't managing them. I can easily spend 2-3 hours a day managing my villages and I'm not even that big.

So, It sucks to see you go, but I can certainly understand. I nearly failed out of college due to MUD's, so I need to keep tabs on my habits as well.