Originally Posted By: tonyc

Except the paper I cited shows there's no correlation between state minimum wage laws and unemployment. None. You can feel whatever you want, but at some point we have to speak in empirical terms, not what we feel.

You can cite whatever you'd like but doubling the minimum wage in my state will cause employers to try to mitigate their losses by reducing their workforce where possible. When prices rise demand lowers. I'm no economics expert but that is fact.

It will also produce the "why F'in try" attitude in workers that have risen up the pay ladder by hard work to just have their hard work mean nothing when the next loser in the door will be making as much as they are. I have a friend in that exact situation now and he is pissed, fact.

If we are helping the bottom should we restrict the top as well? No one needs as much money as Bill Gates has, lets tax him down and spread it around, greedy asshole.

At least Obama is shifting focus away from all the massive health care issues to something else. No wait, he just wants to help the poor and bring down the corporate machine that has the poor in a stranglehold. I'll choose which of the two strategies to believe.