Quote:
I believe it completely repudiates the claim that these laws have no affect on unemployment.

You're not only misstating my claim, you're making a statement that wouldn't hold water even if my claim was what you say it was. To review, here's my original claim:

Quote:

When you take into account that there is no discernible correlation between increased minimum wage and increased unemployment...

That is not me saying categorically that minimum wage laws have no affect [sic] on unemployment, it's me saying (with supporting evidence) that studies show that there is no discernible correlation. There may be a correlation in other studies, and there may be more studies in the future to isolate variables and conclude there is a deleterious effect, but all we have to substantiate that counter-claim is a transparently biased sample taken during a time of great economic upheaval on an island that was highly dependent on a single industry that had already begun to see falling exports before the mimimum wage was increased. That's like six different red flags for that one data point, compared to a uniform cross-section of the U.S. Are you shitting me?

Your argument is a valid as Fox News using a 50 degree day in July as proof that there's no correlation between emissions and higher global temperatures, or a Bitcoin enthusiast saying the currency is stable because there was one day where it didn't gain or lose more than 20% of its value in a 24-hour period. This is just ridiculous, and if you're offering this argument in good faith, I really can't continue, because we're just not operating in the same plane of existence.