I should also mention the new protection plan Google is offering on these phones, which gives you two years of coverage from hardware failure AND accidental damage! I added the $69 plan to my Nexus 5X, even though I've not really been one to get warranties before. Here's why:

I'm not sure if I've mentioned it here yet, but I made the stupid mistake of going to the pool and not realizing my Nexus 6 was in my pocket. Now it's completely dead. I had thought that my TMobile Jump plan effectively gave me insurance coverage against my phone, but it turns out to not be as good as I'd hoped. Apparently all it entitles me to is an early upgrade for a lower price. So I could replace this Nexus 6 for $175 and continue to rent it for something like $25/month. I decided that instead of flushing that money down the drain, I'll buy my phone out-right.

I love that this protection plan means that if I'm dumb enough to take my phone to the pool again, I'll have a new one shipped to me in one business day.