Hi.

I wanted to post this earlier today, but the PC I was working on wasn't fitting the BBS's requirements (probably the missing reverse DNS resolution).

I didn't get any valuable feedback from TeleAtlas yet. I think they won't come up with a deal that was in our range (below 250$/CD), so I think the only way left would be to contact BlauPunkt (the copyright holder on the navigation-CD format specs) and to get a license to use their navigation CDs (which are sold in different formats for the US and Europe at least, like Rob found out the hard way). However, I will be honest: I don't have the time to find the right contact at Blaupunkt and I certainly don't have the time to negotiate a deal with them. So if there is any volunteer: Please, please go ahead.
I will stand by my promise to try and negotiate a deal with TeleAtlas however, I will find the time to do that. But like I said before, I don't think this will turn out well. As it seems, the cost will be so high that the rather few people who expressed interest in this project will not be interested in it. It seems as if the costs would be at about 500$/CD, which is certainly to high for me.

cu,
sven