Firstly, I've never seen the bug, but that's because I use a second head unit as the volume control..

However, I've thought of a possible feature that would help in the absence of a fix for this volume run bug..

Some high performance cars have a "Valet Key" feature, which lowers the engine power output when Valet parking (or lending the car to friends etc). It occurs to me that in the situation when your g-friend borrows the car, a similar feature would be useful.

Basically, empeg could add a menu option in the sound menu for Volume limit, which brings up a screen with 2 options, a setting for off (no limit) and a second setting which is the level the volume will not go above (which you can change via the buttons)..

If the volume bug strikes, it will hit the hard limit, and stop... So no blown speakers... Also, because it's just a setting, you don't have to rebalance the gains on all your amps, and full volume is available if required...

It could also be useful in the situation when you are driving your drunk friends home from a club at 2am, and they keep turning the volume up full... =)

Thoughts anyone?

Jazz
(List 112, S/N 00030, 4 gig blue)
Jazz (List 112, Mk2 42 gig #40. Mk1 4 gig #30. Mk3 1.6 16v)