How about distributing it to each of the registered Mark I owners?

Errr.... he has. Here. Several times. So has Mike. Plus, it was stated in the readme for the release that made a serious attempt to address a problem that has not yet been clearly defined/spotted/caught/reproduced at empeg by building in safety checks. I take it that the readme was of course, read?

You can spout all you like on this board, but it has nothing to do with empeg Ltd. They have no obligation to even reply here; since they do reply frequently, and helpfully, somehow this has been interpreted that this board is the only place where support requests should be made (wrong) and that support and bug fixes are a right, not a priviledge (also wrong).

I can understand Rob's increasing frustration in replying on these boards - as if he hasn't got enough to do already.

And - forgive me here, but it's time for me to get the rag out - if you are stupid enough to set up your car sound installation so that if a 0 dB input to the amp could possibly endanger your life (or those of other drivers who use the vehicle) then you deserve what you will (inevitably) get. You will also get laughed out of court if you try to sue on that basis. Just because 0 dB is a volume setting you don't often use doesn't mean it won't happen.

If you are insufficiently concientious to instruct other users of your car and it's associated equipment in it's proper use, then you are yourself negligent.

Finally, if you are unable to set up your equipment properly in order to prevent damage to the speakers at full volume, then you have more money than sense.

After that diatribe, I am still asking myself (as I do every time I read one of these posts) "Are these people unable grab the handle and pull the unit out"?

Or does reading the words "Beta Software" or "...supplied AS IS..." or "...read and understood these conditions" paralyse the parts of the brain required to actuate these muscles?

One of the few remaining Mk1 owners... #00015