well, I've made it work, let me see if I can help you out.

First off, a hijack-compatable program can be bound to the menu while the player is running, so that wasn't your problem.

You got the error about the font file because emptriv wants you to be in the same directory as it when you run it. One way to deal with this is to use:

cd /drive0/files/emptriv
./emptriv

instead of "/drive0/files/emptriv/emptriv" to start the program. Another, perhaps better, way to deal with this would be to edit and recompile the program so that it doesn't have this limitation. Getting all the graphics libraries set up correctly can be a big PITA, though, so I just did it for you. If you replace your emptriv binary with this one you can start it from any directory and not get font file errors. (However, using the other way eliminates the possiblity that I've somehow introduced a bug into the program. Unlikely, but always possible.)

Now at this point you should check to see that your script properly runs emptriv by directly running it. Common problems would be having windows (not UNIX) line breaks in your script and not having it be executable. If your script runs it properly but It still won't start automatically, yell, and we'll see if we can't fix that too.

John

Edited by johnmcd3 (31/05/2002 05:18)