Hmmm. There was no real cause for panic, emplode couldn't care less about other files on drive0 and I don't think it would have problem with a program running. (FYI: If you want to see what's running type "ps ux" at the prompt. You can stop processes with "kill pid" where pid is the process ID listed with the ps command.) Also if you could run the script then it was executable, typing "chmod 755 name" gives the file "name" executable privileges.

What propably happened was stuff relating the the drives being mounted read-write instead of read-only. If you don't type RO after putting files on, but before you start up the player, then the drives are writable while the player is running. Emplode will not like this because having the drives mounted read-write in the bumpy environment of the car could lead to file system corruption. (If they are read only, they couldn't be messed up, see?) Really, this isn't a big deal at all. Thats why hijack has the option to turn off file system checks. However, it's not the end of the world to let emplode meticulously go through and make sure the files are in order next time. I think typing RO before starting th player should prevent this from happening.

With regard to the emplode error, not sure, what the exactly cause was, but if it only happened once or twice I'd not worry about it. I'd always reboot the empeg before a sync to to make sure everything is normal. If it keeps happening you could post the exact error here and perhaps a serial port log of the error happening.

Let us know how the emptriv install goes!

John