I've got a problem with my wife's Mac. Actually, the problem is not related to Mac 'cause I'm sure it would be the same problem on Windows, but she happens to use a Mac so I need a Mac solution (if there is one).

My wife works from home a lot, for this she logs into the company network (Cisco) via a dial-up application which sets up a secure VPN tunnel. As always, once the VPN tunnel has been built, her Mac becomes part of the company network (with regards to subnetting etc...)

There is one big downside to this. For one, she cannot control the Sonos music system any more because she's now on a different subnet. This is not that bad because she can always use the wireless controller.
It's worse when it comes to printing. We have one printer in the house which is connected via LAN cable. Every computer in the house prints to this printer. But when her Mac becomes part of the company network, and thus becomes part of the company's subnet, printing also doesn't work anymore. This IS a problem because now and then she needs to print something for work.

Is there a solution for this. How can I let the Mac know that, when it comes to printing, it needs to use the home LAN and not the company's network when on VPN? (also, does Windows also have solution for this - I also see this problem popping up in the not-so-distant future for Windows as well)

Thanks!