First off, without reservation, I am goiong to eat crow..

I have flown off the handle, again, in public, at Pim, for no reason. So in public, I would like to offer to Pim heartfelt apologies to my rudeness in response to his post. There was no need, and no reason for it and I hope that he forgives me. Pim, you and Gaby are without any reservations, wholly welcome to the event, as is everyone else on this board.

To set the record straight, I have just been round to the hotel and had a chat with the manager for nearly an hour about this, and here is the straight story.

Envergure owns Campanile. They also own other chains. Campanile is unique in this group in that it is franchised to owner-operators. Above a basic price, the operator is allowed to set his own prices. Hence, in the Netherlands, the basic room price at any hotel in the Campanile chain must never be lower than E55. This is what is advertised by Envergure on their website.

At each hotel, however, there are different room sizes, standards, etc. Hence, each hotel is allowed to set prices based on how they rate themselves - based on their facilities, and their location, and in competition (friendly) with other Campanile operators, and local hotels in their own areas.

In Amersfoort, the room prices are lower than Breda, even though Breda is a newer hotel. However, in Leuwarden the Campanile there charges less than Amersfoort in spite of being a larger hotel. Despite of their prices, the Amersfoort Campanile actually has the lowest room prices in the area (within a 16 km radius). You can find cheaper rooms in Nijkerk, but then you aren't at the event and your taxi costs will be quite high to get back at the end of the party (and believe me, there will be no-one sober enough to drive you back at the end of the barby, so DON"T ASK).

The local room prices are, in Amersfoort, E74. We have got, by virtue of making a group booking, the group booking rate, with a breakfast per room thrown in. So, at E66 per room (for two occupants) with one breakfast, you are actually saving nearly E15 per night, which is better off in your pocket to allow you to buy, say, 10 beers down at the Drie Ringen brewery. The manager is unsure as to why Envergure is offering the basic room price (E55) as a standard price, because as far as he is aware, there is no Campanile offering a room at that price in NL, and it is an internal company cost price required by Envergure per room per night. Hence, if he had received a room booking through Envergure, he would have accepted the booking, but then you would have been hit with a bill for E74 (his standard room price).

So, to cap it all: local price, double room, per night, E 74. Breakfast extra per person, E6.95.

empeg group booking, E66 per room per night, with one breakfast free (you pay the second yourself). Single occupancy is E33 + E19 with one breakfast free.

I hope that sorts things out for you all. I should have posted this straight off: I was totally unaware that the Envergure website was posting that price, and frankly - I don't give a toss! This way you get a room guaranteed, at an agreed price.

I hope it suits you all. Keep booking those rooms folks - you are now allowed to book until June 6th (please use the website instead of mailing me direct). Any special wishes, mail me seperately AFTER you have booked through the web site.
One of the few remaining Mk1 owners... #00015