no need to appologize for being capitolists, none of us would have computers or empegs if we didn't live in a capitolist world
I beg to differ on this point.

Before I continue, keep in mind all my comments beyond this point are more towards science and such, and not political.

Anyhow. Think back to the major scientific discoveries of our time. Major physics laws being written, the discovery of how to fly, and other things like the foundation for modern medicine. These came about in a very comunistic way. Someone discovered something, and shared it with others. This led to more improvements on the base idea, and new discoveries came from these improvements.

Now compare this to today. Major breakthroughs are being patented, thus restricting who can use them. Drug companies are a big problem, with their desire to have a competitive edge keeping research out of the hands of many qualified people. Imagine if every drug researcher in the world was working together instead of against each other. Software companies are also becoming problamatic today as well. Microsoft's capital success has held back the industry. Take for example the effects of them winning the browser war. Their OS still lacks features others have had for ages now, and their inability to secure their products are costing companies millions in lost time and data. I'm sure you can see where I am going with this part, and so I'll end it. Linux is definitly a communistic approach to software development, and outside MS FUD, the industry tends to agree. Why else would companies like IBM and SGI be investing tons of money into it?

The sharing of ideals is not a bad thing. But yet, capitalistic supporters would have you believe otherwise.

Now to get my political views out of the way. I actually like most of the ways things are done in the USA. Lately though, I have had a major dislike for the pure capitalistic laws being passed, such as the DMCA. As others have said, an extreme to either way (capitalism/communism) is a bad situation.