Saddam was our enemy, our allys' enemy, and an enemy of the Iraqi people.
Saddam was enough of a friend that Rumsfeld and co. were happy to sell him all sorts of nasty weapons.
Remember all those dead Kurds and their disfigured descendants?
Have you seen any of the material about the effects of all that depleted uranium the US has vapourized all over Iraq and Afghanistan?
it's like someone hitting your Ferrari with a golfclub. The car will still work fine, and it's still the baddest car around, but you're gonna kill the son of a bitch that did this.
Actually, no, I wouldn't kill them. I'd be pissed off at them, and if they were caught, I'd certainly press charges, but I wouldn't kill them. What are you... the mafia?
And try telling that to the survivors of the WTC that 3000 of our people being murdered is no big deal. If you're wife or your kid is murdered, hell that's only ONE person out of hundreds of millions. No big deal, right? So let it go?
I read several reports of victims' families saying just that. Does wiping out a couple nations bring back the victims from the dead?
we have to seek justice.
And how was going to war with Iraq "justice", when not a single one of the perps was from, or was supported by Iraq? Shouldn't we have been going to war with Saudi Arabia?
Once we become disarmed, we are utterly defenseless and powerless.
Ah, yes. What would Ghandi and Martin Luther King have been able to do if they didn't have their weapons at hand?
So I'm not afraid of the day the FBI starts arresting innocent people and the CIA starts suppressing free speech, because the rest of us will rise up and kill every last [censored] one of them.
If it's worth killing them for then, then why the hell don't you get off your ass now, and try and prevent them from gaining that power to begin with? Are you that short sighted?