Paul -- first of all, thank you for not descending into your sometimes troll-like behavior with your answer to my post. Some of your points are nicely put, even if I don't agree with them.

Saddam was our enemy, our allys' enemy, and an enemy of the Iraqi people. Getting rid of him is one step closer to a peaceful world.

I don't disagree with you for a minute that Saddam Hussein is/was not a very nice guy. But I don't care if you have indisputable proof that he fornicates with animals and eats babies for breakfast -- he was nonetheless the legitimate head of a sovereign nation, and until he initiates hostilities against us (or against an ally who then requests our support) we have no legal nor moral right to attack him.

like someone hitting your Ferrari with a golfclub ...[snip]...you're gonna kill the son of a bitch that did this

If you are really serious, you would kill someone for putting a dent in your car, then you have at the very least a serious anger management problem. I'm hoping you are speaking hyperbolically -- exaggerating for the sake of effect -- and would take action more appropriate to the severity of the offense. Saddam Hussein said bad things about us; I don't feel that justifies blowing up his whole damn country.

And try telling that to the survivors of the WTC that 3000 of our people being murdered is no big deal.

As I said earlier, on an individual, personal level it is indeed a tragedy. On a national level, as far as damage to the country as a whole (excepting the collateral damage imposed by Aschcroft and crew) it's not even a pinprick.

Maybe that's missing the point you were trying to make, but this IS a big deal, and we have to seek justice.

And your idea of justice is to blow up some country that had nothing to do with the attack?

there is one law that is the most important. And that is the 2nd article of the Bill of Rights

You are referring to this:

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed

First of all, it is not a law -- it is an amendment to the U.S. Constitution..

Second of all, it never ceases to amaze me that people who quote the second amendment nearly always conveniently leave out the first 13 words. I have no problem with a "well regulated militia" being allowed to keep and bear whatever arms they desire. But I don't need wackos armed with AK-47's shooting up the neighborhood because somebody put a dent in their car!

No administration can enforce their laws on an angry mob of 100 million armed americans

You're living in a dream world if you believe that. There will be no "mob of 100 million armed americans", and even if you could get together a mob of, say, 10,000, the first F-16 dropping a pair of Hellfire bombs would be the end of that.

So I'm not afraid of the day the FBI starts arresting innocent people and the CIA starts suppressing free speech, because the rest of us will rise up

No, you won't. What "rest of us" are you talking about? A few nuts hiding in their bomb shelters up in the hills, armed to the teeth because "...the governments coming to take our guns away?" If it ever came to the point where an armed uprising of the general populace was the only solution, it would be too late. That's why the rest of us (i.e., the wusses) are working now to see that it never does come to that point.

tanstaafl.