You're so angry.

My psychiatrist says that she detects a distinct pattern -- that I consistently take anger towward BBS members and displace it at high-ranking members of the current administration. I'm not sure I buy that. What do you think?

Why do people in general panic at the first sign of resistance.

Ummmm... First sign?

The most recent Iraq war was one of the shortest in history, and an incredible success.

Hmmm, you are speaking in the past tense, but the war isn't over.

Now you are pissing and moaning about a few car bombs! Please, wait a little while to see how things work out.

I almost want to think that you are pulling my leg here (not like *I* would ever pull anybody's leg!)

BTW I read that essay and found it to be completely unrealistically optimistic about human nature.

Wait a minute. What happened to Pollyanna "Please, wait a little while to see how things work out. "? I'm confused.

You can't expect dictators to like you just because you give them free food and medicine. The only way to properly deal with a despot, is to remove him by force.

So, when does the invasion of North Korea begin? What, you say they have no oil? Just stupid WMD???

From your comments it seems you see our current president as a dictator,

No, i think he's just an unqualified, smug, completely incurious, self-satisfied, rich boy draft dodger. Oh, and I don't like him. I don't think we are living in a dictatorship, but I *am* very concerned that our cherished democracy seems to be sliding in the direction of a republic. That is not American Progress (tm).

and if you really do want him to stop, you know what to do. Its the only way to be sure.

Hmmmm. Make sure to move to a county with electronic voting?

Soooo, after blithley discounting Soros essay as not in keeping with your (angry?) ersatz-darwinian, hardball view of the world, what did you think of Soros core assertions vis-a-vis The Shrub Doctrine?

(to me, that would be this part: "Those principles can be summed up as follows: International relations are relations of power, not law; power prevails and law legitimizes what prevails. The United States is unquestionably the dominant power in the post-Cold War world; it is therefore in a position to impose its views, interests, and values. The world would benefit from adopting those values, because the American model has demonstrated its superiority. The Clinton and first Bush Administrations failed to use the full potential of American power. This must be corrected; the United States must find a way to assert its supremacy in the world." )

'Tis the exceptional fellow who lies awake at night thinking of his successes.