The idea that your existence is ruled by another is as offensive as slavery, even if it is a chosen slavery.
i believe that humans have innate attributes instilled in their being, one being the absoulte truths of right and wrong. another is the desire and the need to worship something. We also have free will, so people choose freely what rules their lives. some people money, some power. everyone is a slave of something.
So the idea that because I don't believe in God puts me on the same level as a sociopath is offensive.
do you regard yourself as a good person? if so, have you ever told a lie? have you ever stolen something? have you ever had impure thoughts about someone else? well, if so, then a holy and righteous being will regard you the same as the vilest of people. everyone has sinned, and everyone is at the same level in His eyes. to sin is to literally miss the mark. both me and you are in the same boat as hitler and osama as far as He's concened. but God did provide a means to redeem each one of us, which is the core of my belief.

i think it takes more faith to believe that all the matter in the universe was compressed in a space smaller than a pea, somehow exploding and forming the flawless systems and structures of the cosmos, one being a planet that was far enough from a star to be the right temperature, and dense enough to form an atmosphere suitable for a primodrial ooze to somehow suddenly get hit by lightning and form a dna string in a membrane of cellulose that is self replicating, eventually adding on to itself and mutating into the different lifeforms we have today. and of thse lifeforms, one would develop the ability to reason, and to be able to decern right from wrong, and having these truths univeral in different cultures.

Edited by image (19/12/2003 12:08)