Wow. I can't imagine living your life. I don't think I can even go so far as to agree to disagree. Your points make so little sense to me (while I'm sure they do to you) that they're as far from me as folks who think it's okay to massacre thousands of people by crashing a plane into a skyscraper. That doesn't mean that I don't think your viewpoints are more inherently moral -- I do -- only that I don't understand the road you took there any more than theirs.

Knowledge is my religion, if you will, and the idea that I can help future generations learn more, even if it just means supporting those who are supporting those who are learning, is what makes my life meaningful. I'd much rather humanity truly learn where it came from, or at least aspire to, than accept simple stories as truth.

I'd also argue that the path is the meaning. I don't know why we're here, and I won't pretend that there is a reason. But we are, and as long as we are, we should try to make it as pleasant a stay as possible.

I'm not even sure I have a point. It's just bizarre to me that an intelligent person can accept these notions. To me, it's like believing in the Tooth Fairy. (I'm sure I'm now being the one that's offensive. I just don't get it.)