Saddam was an evil man and if he didn't tell us about his weapons program and allow inspections then we would do it by force

Ummm... he did tell us about his weapons program -- he said he didn't have any WMDs. And guess what? There weren't any.

There were plenty of inspectors in Iraq for years, and they couldn't find any WMDs, and frankly I'm not surprised that Saddam finally got pissed off and said enough is enough and kicked them out. (As it turned out, this may not have been the smartest move he ever made...)

I have said this on more than one occasion on this bbs, but it still bears repeating:

Even if it could be conclusively proven that Saddam Hussein fornicated with animals and ate babies for breakfast, he was still the legitimate head of a sovereign nation, and the United States of America had neither legal nor moral authority to invade and destroy that country.

I'm still pondering about what U.S. law he violated that gave American armed forces the right to "place him under arrest." When did he or anybody acting under his orders ever attack the U.S. in any venue outside the physical borders of Iraq?

Jim Hogan said it very well when he talked about the irony of saving our way of life by getting rid of it. Al Quaeda knocked over a couple of skyscrapers and killed several thousand people. That damage is trivial compared to the destruction wreaked upon the very foundations of this country by John Ashcroft, George Bush, et. al.

tanstaafl.