Think of it like this: two people are talking about jumping off a building. One guy says not to do it because he'll die, but the other guy truly believes he'll just float down and not be harmed.
(Totally unrelated to the serious discussion here...)

A man staying at a hotel decides to have a few drinks at the hotel's bar, which happens to be on the top floor of the 15-story hotel building.

He's half way through his third drink, when a second man at the end of the bar gets up, walks to the window, opens it, and jumps out.

Since the bartender didn't even flinch, the first man figures he must have had one too many and he'd hallucinated the whole thing. He's getting ready to pay the tab and leave, when the elevator opens, and who should walk in but the man who he'd seen jump out of the window minutes before.

The first man confronts the second man with what he'd seen. The second man replies, "Oh, I just drink enough alcohol so that it gives me buoyancy, and I float to the ground like a feather." Just to prove his point, he downs another shot, walks to the window, and jumps again, reappearing in the elevator a few minutes later.

The first man, anxious to try the new trick, quickly downs a few more shots until he feels as though he's floating. He runs to the window, jumps out, and.... splat.

The bartender turns to the second man and says, "Superman, you're an asshole when you're drunk."