Ouch!

But I am affraid it might be even worse:

Quote:
Well, for those of you among the faithful who Karl Rove so astutely herded, I have some shocking news: You've been had. The "moral issues" as you so narrowly define them? That ain't what it is all about. If the 2nd Bush administration leaves office in 2009 without having overturned Roe v Wade and without achieving a constitutional amendment banning gay marriage, well, I don't think they will lose so much as one night's sleep. It was a great tool, though, wasn't it?

True. But, Dubya's handlers will want to stay in power, and they are riding a tiger: fundamentalists will have to be satisfied, or else... Republicans will have to deliver. So, what will be the sequence? Gay merriage, abortion rights, prayer in public schools, christian creation myth masquerading as science in biology curriculum... What next? When will children born without the parents first being subject to right rituals again be called 'illegitimate' (and being discriminated against)? Next? Premarital sex, education and work for women... One day Monsanto will perhaps notice that all administration's efforts to force their 'sons of Roundup ready' upon the world is to no avail, because there will be no geneticists left to develop them...

And yes, Rove is genius!
Dragi "Bonzi" Raos Q#5196 MkII #080000376, 18GB green MkIIa #040103247, 60GB blue