Sorry wb (and Jim), I wasn't trying to be lazy. I was actually doing a call back to an old "Point/Counterpoint" article in the Onion from way back. It's a classic and I know that some people here have read it. Basically, one person was making a detailed arguement and the other person was replying "No,", "You're wrong," or "Don't get all worked up."

I'm not going to bother getting involved in a thread entitled "Bush Bashing." I realize that, after Tuesday, Democrats and people on the left need some time to vent. Personally, I don't think many of them (other than Nancy Polocy of all people) "get it". Instead of realizing that a very large portion of this country disagrees with their views, they have to pull an elitist view that everyone that doesn't live in a major city is stupid, ignorant or a rednecks (actual quotes from editorials at major papers this week) or was tricked into voting not only for Bush, but for Republicans across the board. Instead of looking within, they are blaming the voter for being dumb and the RNC for exploiting that. One only has to look at the county by county map to know that the issues that drove the vote ARE America and they voted on their beliefs, and not because of some knee-jerk reactions. It wasn't even close.

But, despite that, I understand how some people will need to let this sink in a little bit and get their anger out by whatever means for a while. I didn't call any of my Democrat friends to brag about Bush's win, and I'm not about to do it here.

So rant, bash, demonize and insult away. Let Off Topic be the emotional tampon for all this rage. I don't think this thread was meant as a debate, so I won't bother trying to make it one. For that, I'll wait a week or two. I was just trying to be a little light hearted, but I had bad timing.