Quote:
Although, hasn't Jesus taken care of the original sin?

Yes, but only if we trust His death on the cross to do so. There is a lot of thelogical debate on the specifics of this point, but it's pretty clear that a) Jesus died for our sinds, and b) This is received by trusting in Him.

Quote:
However, that is not the main problem I have with 'pro-lifers': as our kayaking psychologist Jean among others noted, right is doing nothing to lower the number of abortions: on the contrary. They try to supress sex education in schools (except "just say no"), withold money for condom popularization efforts (even as an AIDS-prevention measure), cut money from child care and other support for young single mothers....
I'll agree that the church has done a poor job of supporting its stance on abortion by following through. So much time and effort is spent on fighting abortion, I think, that the children are forgotton. With the abortion issue gaining new expsoure in this country, I hope the church re-examines its mission promot life, not just oppose abortion.

Quote:
And they continue to call pro-choice activists 'pro-abortion'.
First off, I've never used that term, here or anywhere else. Not that you were targeting this at me, but this is a REALLY sore spot. I react very strongly when pro-lifers us this term and generally correct them if I'm in a place to do so. I completely understand that virtually no-one is "for" abortion; all it is is a an attempt deamonize the other side. I also think the same thing is true for the term "anti-choice", but generally people don't listen to me when I try to point out that pro-lifers are for choice, just that if it's an issue of life vs. choice that life wins.