Quote:
Actually, I believe Hillary will be a "shoe in" for the next presidential election (she's my pal ).

I suspect you are funnin' with me.

Quote:
Don't worry, you are not being "coy" just "ignorant".

Well, I do have my moments. George is going to need all the help he can get, though, and I had to stretch my thinking a bit to imagine what would motivate Bill to reach out across party lines and give George a hand....

My edit was clearly an expression of Saturday night sore-loser self pity. I think I'll let it stand, though, just so you and I are reminded that I'm not perfect after all. That whole humility thing.

Quote:
Reporting from "Jesusland" where all of my neighbors are from Chicago, Pennsylvannia, California, New Jersey, New York, Wisconsin, etc... yet the overwhelming majority (83%) voted Republican ( I guess all "rednecks" aren't originally from "Jesusland").

Like the man said: "All generalities are lies." I'm going to bet that if I looked hard enough that I could find somebody on my street -- maybe even in my *building* -- who voted for GWB and who has no immediate plans to pull up stakes and move to Forsyth County.

I expect that there are residents of Jessusland who voted for Kerry and who bristle at the generalization as well. I am not exactly sure just how close we are to transitioning from a representative democracy to a theocracy. What I do know is that we are closer now than we were 6 days ago. I am not sure we'll be using the Jesusland map as a vehicle for contentious discussion 1 week or 1 month from now, but this week it works for me.

When it comes to executing to a plan, and as dopey as Bush & Co often seem, Rove and Co. definitely deserve credit for this one. Clearly the folks who await the rebuilding of the temple weren't the only ones voting for Bush. They are just the ones that put the game away.

So, who do you think is going to win in Iraq?

Edit: I realized that many of you already know I am not perfect, but my dear aunt does (think I am perfect). And while I know that members of the BBS don't find the image of our fearless leader laying a lip lock on another man disturbing, it could really trouble my aunt if ever she stumbled across this BBS (she has Internet access now in here retirement home). Plus, any imagery like that is really the province of the Kitty Kelleys of the world and poorly-supported conspiracy theorists. So, I edited that post and I, personally, need to continue to work for a PG rating in all things. George, my apologies. What can I do to make it up to you?

Edited by jimhogan (07/11/2004 16:04)

'Tis the exceptional fellow who lies awake at night thinking of his successes.