Quote:
Don't worry, the SonicWall will route the traffic between the two subnets and it will work the way you want it to work.

It doesn't seem to be doing that.

I got it all working, as far as I could tell, according to these instructions. I put that annoying Netopia DSL modem in Bridge mode, and did everything on the Sonicwall. I can now, using those instructions, connect to the sonicwall L2TP VPN server from a remote computer.

The internal company network lies on the 192.168.2.xxx subnet. The main company file server is 192.168.2.1 and the internal LAN address of the SonicWall is now 192.168.2.2.

But because of that limitation stated in those instructions, the people dialing into the sonicwall vpn cannot use 192.168.2.xxx addresses. If I try to tell the sonicwall to give them those addresses, it complains that matches its internal subnet and won't let me save those changes.

So I configure it to give the VPN users addresses in the 192.168.3.xxx subnet instead, and that works, and I can connect to the VPN, except.... I can't ping the main server on the 192.168.2.xxx subnet. 3 doesn't route to 2.

One work around would be simply to add 192.168.3.1 as an alternate IP address for the main server. Then it would lie on both subnets and respond appropriately to the VPN users. This will work. However, I can foresee a day when I add more servers, and I don't want to have to remember to add two IP addresses to every server I add.

So, any ideas?