I just bought a Napoleon PT450RB (Prestige II, 3 burner model) in May. It's been quite nice so far. The parts are all very good quality, though the cart is not stainless. There's no reason to believe it won't last forever though. I also opted for one of the porcelain coated hoods rather than the stainless so that it won't discolor. It's one of the only grill manufacturers still making any of their parts in North America (Canada specifically in this case).

I'm not 100% sold on the way they've laid out their burners, but they work quite well and I'm not sure anyone else does anything better right now.

I very much dislike the Weber models that feature controls on top - the get in the way of placing things on the shelf top. I'm also not a fan of the width-wise orientation of the burners on some of their models. I like front-to-back myself, so I can opt to light up the left, middle or right side of the grill (or left and right leaving the middle area for roasting). My next door neighbor has a Weber (controls on top) and I believe he quite likes it.

I opted to skip the IR within the main cavity and will more than likely get an IR side burner. IR is definitely kick-ass for cooking steak. I didn't want to sacrifice any of the interior cavity, so I was happy to learn Napoleon offers IR on the side. Knowing this I purchased the grill without a traditional side burner (which unless you intend to boil a lot of water is generally useless).

The best burner arrangement I've seen on a smaller grill is on my mother-in-law's 2-burner pedestal Ducane. This is a model from before Weber bought them and turned them into a discounted brand and moved manufacturing to China. The stainless burners are likely as thick-walled as on my Napoleon except instead of just going straight back (and to one side like on the Nap), they curve at the back and come back toward the front, making a sort of loop. This gives coverage as if there were 4 burners. The tube has gas holes along its top as opposed to along two sides like the Napoleon, so there isn't as much flame from each linear inch. But I love the way it cooks. The grill is at least 10 years old and other than needing a new powder coat and ignitor, it's in amazing shape.

From looking at all sorts of brands in person, but not actually using them, it doesn't appear you get much more when you jump up huge sums of money. Diminishing returns indeed. And by huge sums I'm talking about multiple thousands. I wasn't very impressed by DCS nor Lynx for instance. Napoleon and Weber offer decent value for the money IMO.

I love my rotisserie and wouldn't get a grill that could not accommodate one. I love cooking whole chickens, pork loins and pineapple this way. Mmmm. My grill does have a back rotisserie burner. Using the bottom burners isn't the same, though it can also work.

I just bought a smoker tube and some wood chips a couple of weeks ago and I've been eager to give them a try. Ok, now I have to run because I'm getting really hungry.