Originally Posted By: tonyc
Nearly three years later and we finally some extra cash to spend on a grill. Looking around at the newer products, I've read that Weber's switched to lower-quality 430 stainless for even their high-end grills, so it's looking like one of the Napoleon models is the best fit -- at least they still use 304 stainless, and though I can't afford the $4k+ for one with a stainless cart, they seem to have a great warranty that should cover any corrosion that does happen.

I don't know anything about gas grills, but I replaced my 12 year old Weber Kettle with a new one last summer. The old one is still in great shape, despite being out in the AZ weather unprotected for over a decade. My main reasons for getting the new one were the convenience upgrades: hinged grates, new ash catching system, a lid that seals because it wasn't dented after being bounced around the patio during a monsoon, etc. There isn't any difference in build quality from my old one.

The only issue I had with it was a scratch in the paint of the bottom bowl, apparently from shipping. Weber sent a replacement in less than a week.

Like I said, I don't know anything about their gas grills. However, based on my experience with the new Kettle, I'm thinking about upgraded my 12 year old Rocky Mountain Smoker for a newer (and the larger) one.