I wouldn't buy a Napoleon again. The price is all in the warranty, not the quality and materials, IMO.

I don't like the burner design on mine. 3 burners with the left and right being an upside down L shape. This size grill should have 4 burners, full-stop.

The heat is anything but even across the grill top. The burners have clogged up far too easily as well. I'm going to need to clean out each individual orifice in a couple of weeks.

The grill (stainless) is decent, but nothing you won't find on other products, except for the novel-looking wave pattern (which does absolutely nothing for you).

The paint on the bottom half of the grill enclosure gets soft with heat and will peel away, even though they tell you to clean it with a grill brush. I've had the bottom replaced already and I'll probably have it replaced again this year. They claim the paint is not supposed to come off.

The electronic lighter they used on mine (AAA battery powered) is super-super cheap. Needs to be replaced already and I'm not sure if it's covered under warranty. The worst part is that I can't see a way to replace it without dismantling most of the BBQ.

The cart has only a stainless door on mine - the sides aren't stainless. The whole thing goes together with little tabs that you bend and a few sheet metal screws - feels really flimsy.

Honestly, what they sell for $1500 is what I'd consider fair at $500 without the 20 year warranty (maybe only 2).

IMO, the Weber models I've seen are built with much higher quality. Though not the model with the knobs on top - that's the most asinine design decision I've seen on a grill.

I'd rather spend $3000 and get something that won't make me cringe with regret each time I use it. It's one of the only purchases I've made that I regret.

ALso, while some of it is "made in Canada" that's really more of a marketing gimmick than truth. Frankly, I don't care where it's made so long as it's top-shelf - and the Napoleans aren't.

Edited by hybrid8 (21/03/2012 19:11)