Originally Posted By: JeffS
I am almost caught up on Fringe...I hope they'll get a chance to finish out the serial part of the show because it seems the ratings are not very good.

Exactly what I'm fearing. It's likely that the whole "two-worlds" thing is too confusing for some viewers (sheesh, they give you a visual cue in the intro every week! gosh! wink ).
Click to reveal..
I do admit, though, that I don't like the whole "fake Olivia" storyline, just like I didn't like when Charlie was first replaced by a shapeshifter in season one. But that's my own deal. I don't like stories about people being deceived, especially emotionally.

It really hasn't been doing well, though. I think the last episode took in just over 1.2 million viewers. That's not good for network primetime. My own opinion? MAYBE THEY SHOULD MOVE IT TO ANOTHER DAMN NIGHT! Seriously, I have EIGHT shows that air on Thursday nights. Why are they all on that one night? To contrast, I think I might have one or two on Tuesdays, so why aren't more of my shows there? I can't even keep up with the two tuners on my Tivo! I almost NEVER condone moving a show to another night, especially when it's struggling, but the networks are just jamming Thursday with way too much.

To contrast, fortunately The Walking Dead has done exceedingly well. The first two episodes got something like 5.3 and 5.7 million viewers, so it even improved in its second week. I'm amazed it got that many considering how much of a horror show it is. I understand why that would work on Halloween night, but the week after is another story. Thankfully AMC has already ordered another season, which is good because I think the first one is something like six episodes long...

Edited by Dignan (09/11/2010 10:33)
Edit Reason: I'm a moron and I suck