Click to reveal..
I have a feeling you're going to be disappointed with the 'first people' stuff. I think this is not a new thing, but something they've planned all along (remember that Walter blames aliens for limiting our abilities they were trying to unleash in the children- that could easily be these first people). This plot line is right in JJ Abrams wheelhouse, I'm afraid.

I have to say- as long as they come up with some kind of resolution, and one that doesn't involve destroying one of the worlds, I'm going to be pretty pleased. I love that there are people I care about on both sides of the conflict- just having 'cases' in the alternate universe has made me care about its people and see them as more than just a plotline. Usually in alternate universe plots ythe whole place can go to hell and, as long as the protagonist survives, the audience views it as a positive outcome. In a way, this series has done something really new- portray both sides of a war sympathetically without making the audience feel manipulates. Of course that will just make it that much harder to resolve- and JJ Abrams doesn't have a great track record for reolutions. Lost was decent, but Alias was just terrible compared to how good it was in the beginning. In some ways, forcing them to wrap it up at the end of this season may be a good thing in service of the story, though I'd really love to see them develop the alternate universe this season and wrap up in a 4th. This feels like a 4 season plotline to me. . .