Originally Posted By: tfabris

Originally Posted By: andy
The other problem for me is web browsing on sites with tightly packed links and buttons. The combination of the Nexus/Android/Chrome is just no where near as good as working out what you meant to click on as iOS. This is a pain in the arse on some sites, bbs forums in particular.

This is almost the entire reason why I got my first iPod touch. I was impressed with how seamless the web browsing experience was, because it was so good at working out which link I meant to click on.

I wonder how much of that is the OS software, versus how much of that is the resolution and sensitivity of the touchscreen?

Some of it is definitely clever software. I often end up tapping closer to the link I didn't want than I do to the link I did want on the web forum that was causing the Nexus so much trouble. Yet still in most cases Safari manages to pick the right link. I can only assume that it has some sort of heuristics with a memory that knows that I regularly click on the link to return to the forum index and rarely click on the link to lock or split topics.

Either that or there really are pixies in Apple's iOS devices wink

Whatever it is, the Nexus/Android/Chrome combination is missing that bit of magic. It is probably my biggest issue with the Nexus at the moment.