Originally Posted By: tfabris
Remember that USB requires a special driver that you have to install. ... Faq entries exist on those topics, so you can dig at those a bit.
I did that.

rioxdrv.sys

But... how to install it? I went to device manager, it shows one item that might be the empeg ("Unknown Device") but how do I tell for sure? I browsed with Device Manager down through the directories to where the emplode setup file is located (D:\Downloads\empeg Downloads\2.00 Final) along with the riohxdrv.sys file, but Device Manager wouldn't do anything with it.

Also from the FAQ: 3. The driver and the release notes were written before the existence of Windows Vista and its x64 variants. Reports are that the driver works with Vista but not with x64. If you have trouble with the USB driver, use ethernet instead.

Is this still the case? I am running 64-bit Windows 8.1.

When the player boots up, the firmware says it is version 2.01 with Mark's Hijack 508 in it.

None of the buttons/knobs appear to be physically sticking. The knob turns very smoothly and actually has a bit of play within the circular surround, and the buttons are all very responsive to the touch, with audible clicks and full "springy" returns. Besides, the buttons are the aftermarket illuminated ones, and each button press causes the buttons to very briefly momentarily extinguish and they are clearly making contact with each press. It's just that the top button requires two presses, and the knob doesn't press at all.

tanstaafl.