Originally Posted By: tanstaafl.
I am working with my "old" empeg now

Okay, the "old" empeg is working with emplode now. So lets return to the "new" one. It's a Mark II, empeg-car branded.

I've identified three distinct problems with it.

1) It won't talk to emplode. This is probably because it is not on the same subnet as the computer.

newempeg: 192.168.0.168
computer:.. 192.168.1.1

What do I do to fix this? I need more than a generic statement about "Change the subnet numbers so they match..." I don't know how to do that.

2) [I had a dissertation about how I couldn't turn the visuals off and had no track information... then I found in the INFO menu that somehow INFO had become set to "OFF". I have no idea who could have done that! Maybe a burglar snuck into the house while I was sleeping or something] blush

3) The top button behaves strangely. When playing a track, the top button is supposed to toggle play and pause. It does this, after a fashion. I have to press the button exactly twice to change the mode from play to pause, or from pause to play. This is 100% repeatable, it makes no difference whether I do the double press quickly, or pause 10 seconds between presses. However..., if I am several levels down in the menu tree, the top button moves me back up with one button press per level, 100% reliably.

The player has lighted buttons that blink with each press (all of them blink simultaneously): once when the button is pressed in, and again when it is released. The rotary knob does this also, and in addition blinks with each detent during rotation, so I can see visually that the top button is not making intermittent connection.

Only problem #1 is of any great importance. #3 is there more because it's interesting than because it causes any great amount of trouble.

tanstaafl.