Originally Posted By: drakino
My advice would be to just unplug the printer from the network, and plug that into the empeg in the rare times you need it
That is a semi-workable plan. "Semi-" only because the network plugin to the printer is not easily reachable. Looking at the Amazon prices for switches, I think I could get one here locally for $150 pesos or thereabouts, about $12 USD. And there are [rare] occasions when extra Ethernet ports would come in handy. However, for initial testing purposes, yes, just use the printer cable. Great idea! Or maybe the OOMA cable, it's a bit easier to access.

No, wait! I mis-spoke about my network. The cable modem feeds the OOMA which in turn passes through to the router. So I DO have a free port for the empeg. Theoretically, since my router is set up with DHCP, if I plug the Ethernet cable from the router into the empeg, it should talk to the computer.

It doesn't.

I am working with my "old" empeg now, a Mark II-A, Rio branded. Too many problems with the "new" player now. The "About" screen says:

etho IP: 192.168.1.104
etho DHCP: 192.168.1.1

ipconfig /all says:

IPv4 Address: 192.168.1.140 (see attached screen shot)

Shouldn't it "just work"?

tanstaafl.

Attachments
ipconfig.jpg