Originally Posted By: Shonky
create three backup sets
[Emphasis mine] At the exact moment you posted your reply, I was discovering buried in a submenu of Settings the Backup Sets dialog box.

My CrashPlan (version 4.8.2, Win64) does support backup sets, and I am now configured to do so. I am also configured for 15-minute backup intervals.

However, the Free version I have also includes a 30-day Cloud trial subscription, and it is possible that after 30 days those two features may go away. If that happens, I'll just upgrade to the paid version, no problem there. I installed the Free version because I am absolutely not interested in Cloud backup (at my upload speed it would take literally months to put my 2TB+ of data into the Cloud). Being a grumpy old curmudgeon, I prefer to keep my data confined to my own computer, not spread out over the internet.

OK, it's going on one in the morning now, I think I have things set up to run now: power management off, destination disks formatted (had to get rid of old backups to make room for new ones), CrashPlan configured as best I can figure out how. Sometime tomorrow I'll be able to see if I did it right.

Thanks for looking out for me.

tanstaafl.