Originally Posted By: Shonky
it would irk me having the extra backup set there even if it was harmless.
Actually... you can delete that hard-wired Cloud set. I was one keystroke away from deleting it, then decided to leave it in just to keep my future options open. I changed its backup priority to "4" so it is at the bottom of the list and doesn't annoy me too much.

I have one more set to add to my backup list, the backup of my C: and D: drive backups which will go to the M: drive, a 465GB USB external drive all packaged in a nice enclosure. There are 27 GB of truly non-essential data data on the C: and D: drive that I won't include on the M: drive backup, leaving me with 164 GB of headroom for further storage as the D: drive grows.

Now... the Great Cloning Questions.
1) Obviously I need cloning software to clone my C: system drive. Do you have a specific recommendation?
2) Is it better to clone to a USB hard drive?
3) Should I acquire a spare SSD that matches my current 120GB SSD and clone to that? (I can get the same model Kingston SV300S37A/120G from Amazon for $60.)
4) 4How about cloning to a 128GB Flash Drive?
5) Do I clone the entire C: drive or just the operating system files?
6) I have both USB 3.0 and eSATA external HDD docking stations available. Is one preferable to the other?

My data backups are chugging merrily away now, showing 18 hours to go. If I left the computer alone so that CrashPlan could have the full use of the CPU it would take about half that time. Then, I have to add three more backup destinations: my M: drive (described above); my N: drive (off-premises backup for C: & D:); and my (wait for it!) O: drive (off premises backup for my F: (audio books) drive). Once I get those added and actually run, and my system drive cloned, I'll feel fairly secure.

Hmmm... I guess I should add an off-premises clone copy to the list.

tanstaafl.

Attachments
Crashplan Cloud Removal.jpg