Originally Posted By: tanstaafl.
However, the Free version I have also includes a 30-day Cloud trial subscription, and it is possible that after 30 days those two features may go away.
A little bit of research shows... sort of.

The free version keeps a limited version of the backup sets, the limitation being that after the trial period is over I cannot modify the settings on the sets, nor can I add new ones. Since the sets I have now defined are exactly the same as I have used since about 2011, I think I can live with that.

Probably the 15-miute backup setting will stay with the existing backup sets.

Originally Posted By: tanstafl.
I think I have things set up to run now.
I didn't. Oh, it ran all right, but I messed up the destination assignments and ran out of disk space on the E: drive. I don't recommend trying to set up CrashPlan at one in the morning when you are really tired...

Now it does seem to be working, but I won't know for sure until tomorrow.

And... CrashPlan really wants me to do a cloud backup, to the point of putting in a non-deletable backup set to send my Desktop to the Cloud. I think I got around that by parameterizing that one set to backup only between 12:00--12:01 AM and un-checking all of the Monday--Sunday allowable days. We'll see...

Now the question is how do I go about making a restorable clone of my C:\ system SSD? I have several suitably-sized hard drives kicking around that I can put into a USB enclosure. Can I clone to that? Would I clone the entire hard drive or just the Windows directory? Finally, what software is recommended for this? Patrick likes the AOMEI software, are there other recommendations?

tanstaafl.

Attachments
Crashplan Cloud Removal.jpg

Edited by tanstaafl. (23/04/2017 16:57)